We decided to cancel the in-person Holis for the following reasons:
- we experienced an extremely high application withdrawal level this year: 65%! It's usually around 3%,
- some of the applicants have uncertainties regarding their vaccinations,
- uncertainty regarding the delta variant causing the 4th wave in the EU and how effective the vaccines are against the delta variant.
That being said and obviously being sad we already have a plan B. Starting today (okay, maybe not today but very soon) we are developing Holis Hybrid.
This is not something we have to do now. We are genuinely excited to have this challenge in front of us: designing a hybrid learning format that is engaging, fun and produces better results. Our assumption is that it’s possible.
We don’t have details yet but want to share with you as much information as we can. This blog post will be updated as we have more to share.
Sometime starting in October and ending in November / December
What, so long?
Well, to tell the truth we don't know yet. It might be that long or it might be much shorter. It might be like one 2 hour session per week for 10 weeks or it might be like 1-3 full day intensive sprints. Whatever works the best. We will know more towards the beginning of September.
What about the application?
We extended the application deadline to 30 September. If you already applied your application is valid and most probably you have already received an answer from us.
What about the participation fee?
It will be less than the in-person version. We need to work on our new budget to figure out how much it will be. More details soon.
I’m working full time. Will I be able to attend?
We want to find dates and times that work for most of you. We will reach out with a survey to get your input on this.
When will you have more details regarding what’s going to happen?
As it’s summer and most of us are on holidays expect more details towards the end of August.
What about the place-based aspect of Holis?
We think that it is still important to have insights from the field. We will have partners who work in this region and have years of experience. We want to have at least one participant from Slovakia in each team so if there is a need to do some field work / research it's possible.
Is there a chance we will meet in person?
There is more than a chance because we will be actively working on this. We can’t promise anything but as soon as traveling is safe we will organise something. It might be just a long weekend or it might be an opportunity for the best teams to continue their work with our partners.
If you have any further questions please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org